Researcher: Multimodal Communication for Robots
- Research for realizing human-machine communication through interaction, which takes even human mentality into account
- Specifically, engage in the “Haru” communication robot project
- “Haru” is a communication robot that understands emotions and behaviors expressed by humans, answers or responds with rich emotion, and builds ties through empathy
- For example, robots that live with the elderly
- Research and development of emotionally rich expression through facial expression, gestures and voice
- Image recognition for detecting human gaze and understanding positional relationship with objects
- Automatic speech recognition and natural language processing for understanding human conversation
- Able to independently promote research on responding empathetically to individuals and groups based on an understanding that includes even mental aspects of humans
- Able to independently promote research on next-generation AI technologies with a focus on machine learning
- Research skills in the technical areas described in the job outline above
Ideal candidate profile
- Have a keen interest in advanced technologies and be able to discern technology trends
- Have excellent research results, including papers published in peer-reviewed international academic conferences or journals
- Minimum of master’s degree or PhD in computer science, engineering, psychology, natural science or related field with a focus on human-machine interaction
Even if you feel you do not meet all of the above requirements, we welcome your positive application!
We are looking for people who can tackle problem solving systematically and who can work on realistic and sustainable solutions as a team player in a multicultural environment!
Japanese: Native or higher than JLPT N3
English: Native or Fluent *TOEIC 600 points or higher (standard)
Type of Employment
- Fixed-term contract (3 years)
* 6-month probationary period
- Negotiable based on company regulations in consideration of experience, ability and previous salary
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter via email or postal mail to the address below.
*Application documents will be disposed of responsibly after the selection process is complete.
- Recruitment Office
Honda Research Institute Japan Co., Ltd.
8-1 Honcho, Wakō-shi, Saitama 351-0188
- recruit (at) jp.honda-ri.com