Researcher: Multimodal Dialogue Systems for Robots
- Research for realizing human-machine communication through interaction, which takes even human mentality into account
- Research on advanced technologies for dialogue systems with a view to social implementation (user-friendly spoken dialogue systems)
- For example, a spoken dialogue system that is capable of comprehension by connecting “words” in a conversation with “objects” in the real world (symbol grounding problem)
- Research and development of robots that are capable of behaving according to human intent without detailed instruction, by having AI understand the surrounding environment such as via voice and image information
- Another example is research of systems that are capable of responding automatically to words that have not been preset (e.g. hybrid systems comprised of machine learning-based NLU and traditional rule-based NLU)
- Able to independently promote research on verbal and non-verbal dialogue technologies using multimodal information (e.g. voice, images, etc.)
- Able to demonstrate and evaluate the above dialogue systems
Ideal candidate profile
- Have a keen interest in advanced technologies and be able to discern technology trends
- Have excellent research results, including papers published in peer-reviewed international academic conferences or journals
- Minimum of master’s degree or PhD in computer science, engineering, psychology, natural science or related field with a focus on human-machine interaction
Even if you feel you do not meet all of the above requirements, we welcome your positive application!
We are looking for people who can tackle problem solving systematically and who can work on realistic and sustainable solutions as a team player in a multicultural environment!
Japanese: Native or higher than JLPT N3
English: Native or Fluent *TOEIC 600 points or higher (standard)
Type of Employment
- Fixed-term contract (3 years)
* 6-month probationary period
- Negotiable based on company regulations in consideration of experience, ability and previous salary
How to Apply
To apply for this position, please send your resume and cover letter via email or postal mail to the address below. *Application documents will be disposed of responsibly after the selection process is complete.
- Recruitment Office
Honda Research Institute Japan Co., Ltd.
8-1 Honcho, Wakō-shi, Saitama 351-0188
- recruit (at) jp.honda-ri.com